Syrah, also known as Shiraz in countries outside of Europe and South America, is a robust and full bodied red wine from France. These red skinned and broad leafed bunches are believed to have originated in the French South East Rhone region and are specifically sensitive to temperature.
- Deep and Dark
- Flavors of Berries and Black Pepper
- When not alone, it’s used in many different forms as a blending grape
- Very rich in nutrients and minerals
- Varietal Syrah or Shiraz. Of the more well-known wines, this is the style of Hermitage in northern Rhône or Australian Shiraz
- One of the varieties found in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Robust and full bodied
- Syrah has one of the highest recommended wine serving temperatures at 65 °F (18 °C)
- Wine responds well to 6-24 months of aging
- Blends well with Barbera, Cabernet, Merlot, and Malbec
- We recommend oaking this wine with oak chips or in a barrel, the more oak the better for this varietal.