If there is one thing we have learned from the last twenty years of movies, you can’t just STOP at the sequel; all franchise MUST be trilogies. Beer recipes are no different, once the second one is made, you are COMPELLED to complete the trilogy.
This time, we’re taking the idea of a wheat beer and colliding it at high speed with the delicious, aromatic, Strata hops. Strata has quickly become a KJ favourite for its explosive notes of mango, passion fruit, and strawberry. The resulting beer has the classic fruity, banana like notes of a wheat beer with the Michael Bay esque boom boom flavour of a super hopped beer. Like wheat beers, the bitterness is low – but the hops add a distinct dimension to it.
Now is the time to complete the delicious trilogy!
- Pale Wheat Malt (Weyermann) x 5.5lbs
- Premium Pilsner (Rahr Malting) x 5.5lbs
- Munich Light x 1.0lbs
- Acidulated Malt x .25lbs
- Strata (14.4% A.A.) - 1.0 oz @ FLAMEOUT - 15 minutes, do NOT cool
- Strata (14.4% A.A.) - 2.5oz @ 10 minutes at 160°F/71°C
- Strata (14.4% A.A.) - 1.0oz DRY HOP -> Final 2 days before bottling.
- Sweet Orange Peel - 1.0oz @ with 5 minutes left in the boil
- DME/Dextrose - 150g at bottling for priming