Have the professional winemaking team at KJ Urban Winery make your next batch of wine.
You can now order our award winning wines right here on our website! Let our team here craft your next batch of wine. Wines take 6 weeks to produce* and when the wine is ready we will contact you to arrange a time where we can bottle the wine together.
We offer three different sizes of batches. Our smallest size is 14 bottle (or 11L), followed by a 28 bottle batch size (or 22L), and finally a 84 bottle batch (or 66L) which is the best value.
* please see our terms and conditions below for full details
Barbera grapes are some of the oldest wines in Italy and feature great acidity that is balanced by smoother, fruitier notes. These rich coloured purple-blue skinned grapes yield large quantities due to their vigorous growth.
2021 Tasting Notes: This years Barbera has great tannic structure and is well balanced. A medium bodied wine. Will blend very well with Cabernet, or Merlot.
2021 Harvest Chemical Analysis
Specific Gravity: 1.092
Potential Alcohol: 13.1%
Total Acidity (G/L): 5.1
Country of Origin: Italy
• In order to satisfy and comply with AGCO rules and regulations, customers must visit us in-store or send a designated representitive to finalize the sale before production on their wine order can begin.
• Wines take 6-7 weeks to produce from the date the order is finalized.
• Prices include the cost of the juice, our service fees, corks, and all applicable taxes. Bottles, labels, and shrink caps are optional extras which are sold separately.
• Customers must be 19 or older.
• To satisfy our license with the AGCO customers are expected to assist us with the bottling process at the end of production. This is the fun part though! Where you get to sample the wine and help us cork bottles. It takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
• Wines can not be shipped or delivered, they must be picked up at our retail location in Guelph, Ontario
We would love to not have to include this step, but our license to produce wine has some strict rules which include our customers being required to "pitch" yeast before wine production can begin. This is simply opening a package of yeast and pouring it into a beaker. It takes about 30 seconds!
You can also send a friend or family member in your place to finalize the process.
Once we have someone "pitch" the yeast, it will take 6-7 weeks to produce the wine.
Great question! We will contact you either by phone or email once we have completed production of your wine. From there we can schedule a time for you to visit us in-store to assist us in the sampling and bottling process.
Unfortunately we are not able to offer delivery or shipping of wines made on-site at KJ. The AGCO requires that all wine made on premise be picked up by the purchaser, or a designated (19+) representative.
Absolutely! Blending is something we're big believers in. We're not quite set up to offer blending options on our website right now. But we can arrange to make a special blend over the phone or by visiting us in-store to place the order.
Absolutely! We can add oak to your wine - we offer three different oaking regimens (light, medium, and heavy).
We can also make your wine off-dry. This means leaving some of the natural sugar in the wine - this makes the wine taste sweeter. We find this ideal for wines like Riesling, Gewurztraminer, and Moscato.
Feel free to leave us a comment in the order notes with any customizations you would like.